A return to the ice is being planned for the Saskatchewan Junior Hockey League.
The 2021-22 season is expected to start on Friday, Sept. 24.
“The SJHL and the Saskatchewan government thank the efforts of Saskatchewan people to follow the rules of the provincial health order and to get vaccinated,” the league said in a media release. “We are moving forward in our roadmap to get back to normal, which includes SJHL hockey starting this fall.”
The league’s board of governors and general managers/coaches will meet soon to set the schedule for the season.
“Hockey has always been a key part of our culture and economy in Saskatchewan communities and we look forward to working with the league to see the players back on the ice,” said Jeremy Harrison, the provincial immigration and career training minister.
Important dates for the SJHL 2021-22 season are:
- Sept. 24: Start date of regular season
- Oct. 4, 5 and 6: SJHL Showcase in Warman
- Dec. 19: Start of Christmas break
- Dec. 27: Return from Christmas
- Jan. 25 and 26: SJHL/Manitoba Junior Hockey League Showcase in Winnipeg.