There are 10 new cases of COVID-19 to report in Saskatchewan on September 16, bringing the total to 1,751 reported cases. Of the 1,751 reported cases, 107 are considered active. A total of 1,620 people have recovered The new cases are located in the Saskatoon (7), North East (1) and Regina (1) zones and one (1) case location is pending.
To date, there have been 21 cases linked to the social gathering in Saskatoon initially reported in the provincial news release on September 13. Contact tracing efforts are underway, and it is likely that other cases will be identified before this chain of transmission is resolved.
Four people are in hospital receiving inpatient care in Saskatoon.
Investigations completed thus far have found that 32 of the 107 current active cases are from communal living settings.
Of the 1,751 cases in the province to date:
• 262 cases are travellers;
• 873 are community contacts (including mass gatherings);
• 520 have no known exposures; and
• 97 are under investigation by local public health
Overall in Saskatchewan to date:
• 69 cases are healthcare workers; however, the source of the infections may not be related to healthcare in all instances.
• 290 cases involve people 19 years of age and under, while the remainder are adults.
• 574 cases are in the 20-39 age range; 536 are in the 40-59 age range; 293 are in the 60-79 age range; and 58 are in the 80-plus range.
• 51 per cent of the cases are females and 49 per cent are males.
• 24 deaths related to COVID-19 have been reported to date.
• There are:
o 431 cases from the south area (221 south west, 197 south central, 13 south east)
o 357 cases from the far north area (349 far north west, 8 far north east)
o 322 cases from the Saskatoon area
o 271 cases from the north area (131 north west, 73 north central, 67 north east)
o 229 cases from the central area (168 central west, 61 central east)
o 140 cases from the Regina area
o One (1) case is pending location
To date, 163,151 COVID-19 tests have been performed in Saskatchewan. As of September 14, 2020 when other provincial and national numbers are available from Public Health Agency of Canada, Saskatchewan’s per capita rate was 116,000 people tested per million population. The national rate was 167,392 people tested per million population.
Yesterday, 1,218 COVID-19 tests were performed in Saskatchewan.