HUMBOLDT — Humboldt Big Brothers Big Sisters are getting ready for their Bowl for Kids’ Sake fundraiser. Everyone is welcome to come out and have fun bowling while helping kids across the city at the same time.
Currently, the Humboldt-based organization has 21 little brothers and sisters on the waiting list and 19 big and little matches in the Humboldt area.
One match needs $1,500 a year in order to be maintained with Bowl for Kids’ Sake being the biggest fundraiser for the organization, said Jodie Hergott, development co-ordinator with Big Brothers Big Sisters of Humboldt.
While last year did see the fundraiser short of bowlers, they were not short on generosity as they reached their fundraising goal of $19,500. This year’s goal will be $21,000, with all proceeds going to programming for bigs, littles, in-school matches and unmatched littles.
“This is a testament to the bowlers and the pledges they brought in,” Hergott said.
Hergott is hoping for even more bowlers to come and try out their skills with team challenges for the schools, banks, farm dealers and vehicle dealerships.
This year’s theme is Sports-a-palooza with teams welcome to dress up in jerseys, fan gear, or as sports personalities. There are prizes for the best dressed teams and individuals.
More challenges are in the works, with organizers working on mini-challenges and prizes that all teams can compete for.
- Make a team or join a team during the week of February 3-9. Don’t have a team? Don’t worry! You can bowl with us! Call 306-682-2829 for details.
- Book your time by calling Kemway Lanes at
- 306-682-2344. Call early – lanes fill up fast!
- Pledge forms can be copied if more needed. Please bring your pledge forms and pledges with you when you bowl. We will keep track of online pledges. Minimum $25 in donations/pledges.
- Online fundraising: Please visit the Canada Helps website at www.canadahelps.org. Search “Big Brothers Big Sisters Saskatoon” to access the fundraising webpage.