To the Powers-that-be in Saskatchewan,
I am shocked and dismayed about the way the 10 seniors from St Mary’s Villa are being treated. How can this be happening? And why so suddenly?
Father Roman (also a family friend on my father’s side) and the two others passed away over a year ago due to the carbon monoxide leak. This is not a surprise that something must done to the Dust Wing, in fact I also question why it has taken so long – and can only imagine how the families of those three must feel.
So why now are these seniors being forced to move in a week? How is anybody able to pack up their life and move in a week to an unknown location?. Who is allowing these tenants to be evicted in a week? Is the Saskatchewan government allowing this to happen? If my grandmother, Alvina Pitzel, does not leave, will the police be called in to drag her out? To arrest her?
In Toronto our unfortunate homeless are treated better than this and in these winter months, they are brought into shelters – not kicked out of them. I hate to imagine how the homeless is Saskatoon are treated!
I have always been proud to say that I was born in Saskatoon, SK, and now I am just disgusted and embarrassed! Message to both my grandmothers, aunts, uncles, cousins great aunts and uncles and second cousins: move out that province before you get too old! Also I’d like to add a note to you people who made this decision: I can only hope that you will live long enough to need assistance of Saskatchewan Health and I hope and pray you are treated the same way, so good luck to you!